Liebster, it turns out, is German for "dearest" (as in "Mein liebster, you make amazing strudel"), and the Liebster Award is given by fellow bloggers to blogs with a following of 200 (some say 300) or fewer people. Here’s how it works:
- When you receive the award, thank the blogger who gave it to you and link back to them.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog.
- Choose three to five blogs that deserve a bigger following, give them the Liebster Award, and let them know you’ve done so by leaving a comment on their blog.
There are so many wonderful "small" (200 followers is small?) blogs out there that deserve bigger followings, but here are my five selections:
- Montana Romance: Up-and-coming Christian romance author Cynthia Bruner’s blog about inspiration, writing, and her Montana home. A fun (and sometimes serious), eclectic blog.
- Something Deep and Witty: A witty (and deep) blog by Amy Maddox, a writer who will one day take the world by storm. And make cool crafts while doing it.
- Gwendolyn Gage ~ Serving through Words: Gwen’s blog description says it all: "Thoughts on life, faith, books, novel research, and the story world inside my head."
- The Eclectic Christian Blogger: Christian romance author Amanda Stephan’s blog, chock full of interviews, giveaways, and reviews.
- Writin’ 4 Him Café: Author Debbie Dillon blogs about her life as a follower of Christ, writer, wife, mom, church secretary, and coffee lover.